Sunday 4 April 2010

My Visit to Tunbridge Wells

I just had an email from JEFFERY DEAVER who "loved" CUT SHORT!
He even kindly sent a quote:
"Cut Short is a stylish, top-of-the-line crime tale, a seamless blending of psychological sophistication and gritty police procedure. And you're just plain going to love DI Geraldine Steel - JEFFERY DEAVER"

This was taken in the studio of BBC Radio Kent.
Once I started chatting to Pat Marsh and Linsey on the Saturday Breakfast Show, their enthusiasm soon livened me up. It was a lot of fun meeting them. You can see how much wider awake I look after meeting them. Before (below) after (right).
You can listen to my live interview on BBC iplayer for about a week before it disappears on the following link:

After the interview, I went round the corner to Waterstones in Tunbridge Wells where CUT SHORT sold out by 3 o'clock - just time to buy another pair of purple shoes before setting off home...

A big THANK YOU to all the readers in Tunbridge Wells who stopped for a chat, and thank you to all of you who bought CUT SHORT. Look out for ROAD CLOSED which will be published in June.

18 comments:

Rick said...

You've just got to come to Detroit someday! We'll make you feel at home and I'll ask the locals to put away their guns for the day in your honor.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Sold our again! That's so impressive.

I've pre-ordered my copy of Road Closed and am looking forward to reading it.

HelenMWalters said...

Great photos. I'm still determined that I'll get to one of your signings one day!

Leigh Russell said...

Detroit is now part of my Grand Tour of the US, Rick (the one in my dreams...) This side of delusion, don't hold your breath! Thanks for the invitation anyway. It would be amazing.

Leigh Russell said...

The final proofs are done, Debs... I think I'm more excited than I realise, if that makes sense. I really hope you enjoy Road Closed.

Leigh Russell said...

I've no idea where you are, Helen, but I daresay I'll be there one day soon. It's always lovely to meet people for real, after chatting on the blog.

Leigh Russell said...

Which reminds me, I must send my publisher an updated list of where I'm signing for posting on their website. In my fast moving and constantly confusing little world, dates can change. I met the events manager at one store, and arranged to sign there, only to find the event had subsequently been cancelled by the store manager... Hmmm - a whiff of internal politics? At the same time, bookstores now contact my publisher asking to host signings, so with one thing and another life's pretty busy.

Elizabeth Bramwell said...

Hi Leigh,

major praise indeed from the great Mr Deaver! Almost as great as praise from my dad, lol!

That's an email that deserves to be printed out and framed methinks :-)

Leigh Russell said...

Hi Gemma - I was very excited to receive it, I can tell you! I just think it was so generous of him, and so kind to spend the time. He must have so many demands on his time.
Still thrilled that your dad enjoyed it!

Val Ewing said...

I bow humbly...actually I applaud!!!
Congratulations!

Leigh Russell said...

It's just a bit of fun, really, Val. But what fun!

Pat said...

I hope you enjoyed T Wells. I brought my children up there and had a successful business for 21 years. A lifetime away.

Emme Toaye said...

Thanks for the encouraging words on my blog and any friend of Mr. Deaver is a friend of mine so I'll be checking you out and look forward to the introduction, I do love Crime Fiction, great blog here.

RainSplats said...

Thanks for stopping by. I don't always like the books my favorite authors like...but the more I read about your book the more I wanted to read it. I've just ordered it from amazon!

I've never had a book come knocking on my blog before. Very cool. Thank you.

Leigh Russell said...

Hi Emma
Jeffery Deaver is one of the greats - he's so devilishly clever. (Don't expect that from me!) Good to hear from you and please keep in touch.

Leigh Russell said...

My pleasure, RainSplats. Do come back and comment any time - and let me know what you think of Cut Short.

Jen said...

Congrats on the success of your book so far! That's pretty exciting...maybe someday I'll get the experience myself.

Leigh Russell said...

Hi Jennee - I hope so. And from your photo I'd guess you'll be starting your writing career a lot earlier than I did.